- Magazines: Wisconsin Magazine, Executive Female, Everton’s Genealogical Helper
- Newspapers: The Milwaukee Journal, The Wisconsin State Journal, The Capital Times, Isthmus, and a monthly business column called Business Solutions.
- Journals: The University of Wisconsin-Extension’s The Small Business Forum, Luther College’s The New Oneota Review
- Newsletters: Faculty Focus, The University of Iowa’s e-newsletter the daily palette Creativity Connection, Student Affairs Leader, Distance Education Report, Recruitment & Retention in Higher Education,
- College textbook: Problems & Solutions in Small Business Management: Case Studies from Small Business Forum
I am currently working on a book titled Writing for the Next Generation: 15 Stories You Should Share and teaching writing at Madison College in Madison, Wisconsin. From 1/2007 to 1/2015, I was the managing editor of Magna Publications in Madison, Wisconsin, which produces professional development materials for colleges and universities. Prior to that I taught writing courses for Park University and Mid-State Technical College. As the granddaughter and daughter of teachers, all of my earliest heroes stood in front of blackboards.
I have been fortunate to receive five awards for my work.
- Academy of American Poets Award, given by University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 1986, for a poem
- George B. Hill Memorial Creative Writing Award for Fiction, University of Wisconsin- Madison, 1982, for a short story
- University of Nottingham, England Adult Extension Creative Writing Award, 1980, for a short story
- Milwaukee Journal’s Wisconsin Magazine Young Writers’ Contest Award, 1988, for a newspaper article
- Mary Wackman Fellowship, UW-Madison, 1982, for an essay
I have a Master of Arts degree in English – Creative Writing from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee and a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education – English from the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
My husband Mark and I have two daughters, Claire and Anna, a son-in-law, Andrew, and now a granddaughter, Harriet. Mark and I live in Columbus, Wisconsin. You can contact me by writing to: kate[dot]Stover[at]att[dot]net.